Anti-austerity campaigners and assorted leftists gathered on the streets of London last Saturday to protest against the Conservative government elected barely a month ago.
As with many of these marches the turnout was a hodgepodge of various interest groups united only in their disdain for the Tories and objection to public service cuts that the government will impose over the next parliament.
Here is the day in nine photos. (Well, ten if you include the header.)
1. No right-turns please
2. The day’s weirdest float?
3. A bit of Marxist theory
4. The, er, feeling is mutual
5. Bit of a balls up
6. “I think I may have made a mistake.”
7. The placard that shows its working
8. One of the more polite banners
9. Savoy faces unwelcome news